Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
Help Wanted – Road Foreman. The Selectboard will accept applications to fill the position of Road Foreman for the Highway Department. The position involves supervision of a crew of 4 other employees. Supervisory experience, road maintenance experience, and some clerical and computer skills preferred. Applications may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office or by clicking the link below. Applications must be submitted by January 26, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. in person at the Town Clerk’s Office, via mail to Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 or via email to email@example.com.
Application for Employment
2015 Dog Licenses now available. The licensing of dogs is due on or before April 1, 2015. Fees this year are $8.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $12.00 for others. A valid rabies certificate must be presented. Licenses may be purchased through the mail (Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821), or during the following times:
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours;
- At the Town Clerk’s Office on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 9 a.m. until Noon;
- At a rabies clinic to be held at the Ryegate Small Animal Hospital on Thursday, March 26, 2015 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures
The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on the following up-coming dates:
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015 – Town Meeting Day
- Monday, May 25, 2015 – Memorial Day