Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
Harvey’s Lake Water Level to be Lowered. The lake level will be lowered during the period of October 15 through October 29. It is expected that the lowest water level will occur on or around October 22.
Vermont General Election – Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
- The deadline to register to vote for the General Election is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 29, 2014. You may register during normal office hours at the Town Clerk’s Office. Call 633-2256 if you have any questions.
- Absentee ballots may be obtained or requested during normal Town Clerk’s Office hours in person or by telephone.
- The polls will open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. The polling place is located at the Barnet Fire & Rescue Station at 151 Bimson Drive. Please note that this is a change of location from the usual location at the Town Hall.
- Click the following link for a PDF copy of the Warning for the election and of a sample ballot: Warning, Sample Ballot, & Notice
Town Clerk’s Office Closures
The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on the following up-coming dates:
- Tuesday, November 4, 2014 – General Election
- Thursday, November 27, 2014 – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 28, 2014